The 2018 Virginia Tech baseball roster is loaded with talent and has the potential to be one of the best teams in the country.
2018 VT Baseball Roster
The 2018 Virginia Tech baseball team will look to build on the success of last year’s team. Head Coach John Szefc returns for his second season at the helm of the program. The roster is loaded with talent, including returners like Austin Becker and Nick Owens. The team will also welcome a number of new faces, like freshman pitcher Kyle Wright.
2018 VT Baseball Schedule
1. LHP Connor Jones Fr.
2. RHP Sam Howard Jr.
3. RHP Dane Dunning Jr.
4. LHP run accumulation numbers
5.OF Luke Bonfield Jr.
6. INF Justin Emanuels Jr
7. C Brennan McMahanSo
8 RHP Ryan Noda Fr
9 3B Alec Bohm Jr
10 SS Elijah Cabell So
2018 VT Baseball Results
The 2018 Virginia Tech Hokies Baseball Team represented Virginia Tech during the 2018 NCAA Division I baseball season The Hokies played their home games at English Field at Union Park in Blacksburg, Virginia. They were members of the Atlantic Coast Conference Dave Eiland, in his first year as head coach led the team.
The Hokies finished the season 28–27 overall, and 10–20 in ACC play to finish in eleventh place. As a result, they did not qualify for the ACC Baseball Tournament They were invited to participate in the 2018 NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament as one of the sixteen Regional seeds. They hosted #3 Overall seed UNC and #2 Seed South Carolina at English Field at Union Park and defeated both opponents to advance to a Super Regional for the first time since 2015 when they went on to Omaha. They traveled to Chapel Hill NC for the Super Regional where they lost two close games to UNC and were eliminated from the tournament.
2018 VT Baseball Statistics
The 2018 baseball season was a successful one for the Virginia Tech Hokies. The team finished with a record of 33-19 and made it to the NCAA tournament In the tournament, the Hokies defeated Rider and Indiana before falling to Florida State in the Regional Final.
Offensively, the Hokies were led by sophomores Brendan McKay and Nick Madrigal. McKay, who was named ACC Player of the Year, hit .341 with 17 home runs and 61 RBIs. Madrigal, who was named First Team All-ACC, hit .376 with four home runs and 41 RBIs.
On the mound, senior right-hander Kyle Haynes was the team’s ace. He compiling a record of 9-3 with a 3.49 ERA in 15 starts. Haynes was named Second Team All-ACC. another key pitcher for the Hokies was freshman right-hander Ian Seymour, who went 6-1 with a 2.82 ERA in 15 appearances (nine starts). Seymour was named ACC Freshman of the Year.
2018 VT Baseball Players
The 2018 Virginia Tech baseball team will feature a number of talented players from a variety of backgrounds. Here is a quick look at some of the team’s Top Players
– outfielder Cameron Schuessler is a senior from Centreville, Virginia. He is a four-year starter for the Hokies and is one of the team’s most experienced players.
– outfielder Nick Biddison is a junior from Roanoke, Virginia. He has been a key player for the Hokies over the past two seasons and is expected to be one of the team’s top run producers in 2018.
– outfielder Jack Owens is a sophomore from Richmond, Virginia. He was one of the team’s top freshmen last season and should be one of the Hokies’ top offensive threats in 2018.
– infielder Tommy Edwards is a senior from Chesapeake, Virginia. He has been a key member of the Hokies’ infield for the past three seasons and will be looked to as a leader in 2018.
– infielder Andrew Mogg is a junior from Fairfax, Virginia. He has seen action at both first and third base for the Hokies over the past two seasons and will be looked to as a key contributor in 2018.
– infielder Sammy Muldrow is a sophomore from Martinsville, Virginia. He saw limited action as a freshman but should see increased playing time in 2018 as he continues to develop his skills.
2018 VT Baseball Coaches
The 2018 Virginia Tech baseball team will represent Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in the 2018 NCAA Division I baseball season The team will play their home games at English Field at Union Park in Blacksburg, Virginia. The Hokies will be led by Head Coach John Szefc, in his fourth season at Virginia Tech
2018 VT Baseball Alumni
As the 2018 season approaches, let’s take a look at where some of our recent VT baseball alumni re Playing professionally.
2018 VT Baseball Tickets
The 2018 Virginia Tech baseball team will represent Virginia Tech in the 2018 NCAA Division I baseball season The Hokies will play their home games at English Field at Union Park in Blacksburg, Virginia. They will be led by Head coach John Szefc in his second season.
2018 VT Baseball Media Guide
The 2018 Virginia Tech baseball team will feature a mix of experience and youth, with 13 student-athletes who have been previously drafted and 12 newcomers to the squad. The Hokies will look to build on a 2017 season in which they reached the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2014, and will do so under the leadership of first-year head coach John Szefc.
Position Players (14)
10) 2018 VT Baseball Camps
The 2018 Virginia Tech baseball camps will provide youth baseball players the opportunity to learn from and interact with the Virginia Tech baseball Coaching Staff Camps will be held on various dates and at locations throughout Virginia.
Keyword: 2018 VT Baseball Roster