Get your music played on the radio by following these simple tips on how to submit your music to hip hop radio stations.
Do your research
There are hundreds of radio stations that play hip hop music, but submitting your music to them can be a daunting task. The best way to start is by doing your research and finding out which radio stations are the best fit for your music. Once you’ve narrowed down your list, you can start submitting your music. In this article, we’ll give you some tips on how to submit your music to hip hop radio stations.
Find a list of stations that play your type of music
The first step is finding a list of stations that play your type of music. You can look online, or get a radioindustry directory such as the MRC directory of radio stations. In the United States, there are four main types of hip hop radio stations: terrestrial, internet, satellite, and college.
1. Terrestrial radio is the most traditional form of broadcasting. Hip hop terrestrial radio stations can be found in most large cities across the country.
2. Internet radio is becoming increasingly popular, as it offers listeners a wider variety of music to choose from. Many internet radio stations are affiliated with terrestrial radio stations, so you may want to start your search there.
3. Satellite radio is another option for listeners who want a wider variety of music to choose from. SiriusXM satellite radio has two hip hop channels: Shade 45 and Hip Hop Nation.
4. College radio is another great option for finding new music. college radio station playlists are often more eclectic than those of commercial stations, so you’re likely to find a wider range of music genres being played.
Research the stations to find their submission requirements
Now that you have made a list of stations you want to submit your music to, it is important to do your research on the stations. This includes finding out their requirements for submissions, as well as their format.
Requirements for submissions can vary from station to station, and not following them can result in your music not being considered, or even worse, thrown out. Many radio stations will have their submission requirements listed on their website, so be sure to check there first. If you can’t find them, give the station a call and ask.
In addition to finding out the requirements for submission, it is also important to find out the format of the station. This information can usually be found on the station’s website under “About Us” or “Contact Us.” Knowing the format will help you determine if your music is a good fit for the station. For example, if you are submitting music to a top 40 pop station, they are probably not going to be interested in your death metal album.
Prepare your music
Radio stations receive a lot of music submissions, so you want to make sure your music is of good quality and sounds professional. Before you submit your music, take some time to edit and mix your tracks, and add any final touches. You should also create a press kit that includes your bio, headshot, and a press release. Once your music is ready, you can start submitting it to hip hop radio stations.
Make sure your music is high quality and radio-ready
The music industry has changed a lot in recent years, and one of the biggest changes has been the way that new music is discovered. In the past, aspiring artists would need to submit their music to record labels or radio stations in the hopes of getting lucky and getting signed or played on the air.
Nowadays, with the internet and social media, there are many more opportunities for independent artists to get their music heard. However, this also means that there is a lot more competition out there. In order to stand out from the crowd, it’s important to make sure that your music is of high quality and radio-ready.
Here are some tips on how to prepare your music for submission to hip hop radio stations:
1) Make sure your recordings are of high quality. This means professional mixing and mastering, as well as using high-quality instrumentals or beats. If your recordings aren’t up to par, most radio stations will not even consider them.
2) Create a press kit. This should include a bio, photos, social media links, and anything else that would be helpful in promoting your music. A well-made press kit can make a big impression on potential radio station program directors.
3) Have a professional website. In today’s music industry, it’s essential to have an online presence. A professional website gives you credibility and makes it easy for radio stations to find out more about you and your music. Be sure to include links to your social media accounts and your press kit on your website.
4) Develop a strong social media following. In order to get played on the radio, you need to prove that you have an engaged fan base who is interested in hearing your music. Start promoting your music on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook, and try to get as many people as possible following you and listening to your songs.
5) Find out which radio stations are playing similar artists. Once you’ve identified some potential stations, do some research to find out which ones are playing artists who are similar to you in terms of style or genre. These are the stations that are most likely to be interested in playing your music.
6) Submit your music using the proper channels. When you’re ready to submit your music, be sure to do so through the proper channels – don’t just send unsolicited emails or social media messages! Most radio stations have specific submission guidelines on their websites, so be sure to follow those carefully
Create a press kit or EPK
An Electronic Press Kit, or EPK, is an online version of a press kit. It should include everything that would be in a physical press kit (see above), plus additional elements such as audio and video clips, and links to your website and social media platforms. An EPK allows you to send all the information a radio station or music supervisor would need in one email, rather than sending several attachments.
To create an EPK, start by creating a folder on your computer and saving all your press kit materials in it (photos, bio, etc.). Then, create an online space to store your EPK. You can use a free service like Dropbox or Google Drive, or you can pay for a subscription to a service like Bandzoogle or Sonicbids. Once you have an account set up, upload your files to the site and create links to them. Finally, put all the links in one document (you can use a Word doc or create a page on your website) and send it to the radio station or music supervisor you’re trying to reach.
Submit your music
If you are an unsigned artist, then it can be quite difficult to get your music heard by the right people. One way to get your music out there is to submit it to hip hop radio stations. In this article, we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to submit your music to hip hop radio stations.
Follow the submission requirements for each station
To have the best chance of having your music played on hip hop radio, it’s essential that you follow the submission requirements for each station. This may include sending a physical copy of your album or song, or providing a link to an online press kit. Be sure to include contact information so the station can get in touch with you if they decide to play your music.
Include a personalized message with each submission
When you’re ready to submit your music to hip hop radio stations, the most important thing you can do is include a personalized message with each submission. This shows that you’re taking the time to research the station and care about getting your music played there. It also helps your submission stand out from the hundreds of other submissions that stations receive every week.
Include the following in your message:
-Your name and the name of your artist or band
-The name of the song you’re submitting
-Why you think the station would like your song
– Links to where the station can listen to or download your song
Be professional and polite, and make sure your message is free of typos. If you have a press kit, include it with your submission.
Promote your music
If you’re an artist trying to get your music heard by the right people, you may be wondering how to submit your music to hip hop radio stations. In this article, we’ll give you some tips on how to get your music out there.
Stay in touch with the stations you’ve submitted to
After you’ve submitted your music to hip hop radio stations, it’s important to stay in touch with them. You can do this by subscribing to their email newsletter, following them on social media, or checking their website regularly. This will help you stay up-to-date on what they’re playing, and if they receive any new music that’s similar to yours. If you hear your song on the radio, be sure to let the station know how much you appreciate it!
Send them updates on your career
Hip hop radio stations want to know that their listeners are getting the latest and greatest music, so it’s important to keep them updated on your career. If you have any new songs or albums coming out, be sure to let them know and send them a promo copy. You can also keep them updated on your live show schedule, so they can help promote your gigs.
Send them new music as you release it
If you’ve been sending the same batch of songs to radio stations for months (or years) and not getting any bites, it might be time to switch up your strategy. A good rule of thumb is to keep your submissions current, and to only send new music to radio stations as you release it. This shows that you’re active and serious about your career, and it also gives radio DJs something fresh to play for their listeners.
Keyword: How to Submit Your Music to Hip Hop Radio Stations