A definitive ranking of the greatest pop rock hits from the ’80s, ’90s, and 2000s.
The Best Pop Songs of All Time
There are countless pop songs out there, but which ones are truly the best? This is our list of the greatest pop songs of all time.
To compile our list, we looked at the most popular pop songs of all time, as well as the most significant and defining tracks in the genre. We then narrowed it down to the 100 best pop songs ever made.
Some of the biggest names in music are on this list, including Michael Jackson, Madonna, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift. The tracks on this list span decades, from 1980s classics like Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” to modern hits like Lady Gaga’s ” Born This Way.”
There’s something for everyone on this list, whether you’re a fan of pure pop or you prefer a more experimental sound. We’ve included both club bangers and ballads, up-tempo anthems and slow jams. No matter your taste, you’re sure to find something you love on our list of the best pop songs ever made.
The Best Pop-Rock Songs of All Time
The list of the best pop-rock songs of all time is a difficult one to make. There are so many different styles within the pop-rock genre, and there are countless songs that could be considered classics. However, we’ve managed to narrow it down to 25 of the very best. From early hits like “I Saw Her Standing There” by The Beatles to more recent classics like “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” by Green Day, these are the pop-rock songs that have stood the test of time.
The Best Pop Songs of the 1970s
The 1970s was a golden age for pop music. With the advent of new technologies such as synthesizers and multitrack recording, artists had more freedom than ever before to experiment with their sound. This led to the development of new genres such as disco and punk, and the evolution of existing genres such as rock and soul.
Some of the decade’s biggest hits were pop songs that blended different genres, including disco, rock, soul, and funk. These songs defined the sound of the 1970s, and many of them are still beloved by fans today. Here are 10 of the best pop songs of the 1970s:
1. “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
2. “Stayin’ Alive” by The Bee Gees
3. “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe” by Barry White
4. “You Should Be Dancing” by The Bee Gees
5. “(Love Is) Thicker Than Water” by Andy Gibb
6. “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge
7. “I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5
8. “Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson
9. “Boogie Nights” by Heatwave
10. “That’s the Way (I Like It)” by KC & The Sunshine Band
The Best Pop Songs of the 1980s
The 1980s were a decade of transition for pop music. New wave and punk rock were on the rise, while the “disco sound” was starting to fall out of favor. At the same time, pop music was becoming more diverse, with artists like Madonna and Prince finding success with a new generation of listeners.
Here are ten of the best pop songs from the 1980s:
1. “Like a Virgin” by Madonna
2. “When Doves Cry” by Prince
3. “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson
4. “Sledgehammer” by Peter Gabriel
5. “Walk Like an Egyptian” by The Bangles
6. “Take on Me” by A-Ha
7. “Every Breath You Take” by The Police
8. “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
9. “She Bop” by Cyndi Lauper
10. “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston
The Best Pop Songs of the 1990s
The best pop songs of the 1990s were a mix of earnest ballads and danceable tracks that reflected the divided state of the country. While grunge was having a moment in the early part of the decade, pop music still reigned supreme with hits like “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston, “One Sweet Day” by Mariah Carey, and “Waterfalls” by TLC. The 1990s were also a big decade for boy bands with groups like *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys becoming international sensations. And who could forget about Britney Spears and her iconic schoolgirl uniform in the “Hit Me Baby One More Time” video?
Other great pop songs from the ’90s include “Vogue” by Madonna, “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” by Whitney Houston, “Baby One More Time” by Britney Spears, and “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls.
The Best Pop Songs of the 2000s
The 2000s were a golden era for pop music. From the early days of Britney and Christina, to the rise of boy bands and girl groups, to the solo superstars of the late 2000s, it was a decade full of unforgettable hits. Here are our picks for the best pop songs of the 2000s.
1. “Crazy in Love” by Beyonce feat. Jay-Z
2. “Yeah!” by Usher feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris
3. “I Gotta Feeling” by The Black Eyed Peas
4. “Umbrella” by Rihanna feat. Jay-Z
5. “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” by Beyonce
6. “Apologize” by Timbaland feat. OneRepublic
7. “Bleeding Love” by Leona Lewis
8. “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay
9. “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga
10. “California Gurls” by Katy Perry feat snoop Dogg
The Best Pop Songs of the 2010s
The 2010s were an amazing decade for pop music, with a wide variety of artists breaking through to become global superstars. While the lines between pop, rock, and hip-hop were often blurred, there were still plenty of great pop rock songs that topped the charts and became classics.
Here are our picks for the best pop songs of the 2010s:
1. “Sugar” by Maroon 5
2. “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
3. “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor
4. “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
5. “Can’t Feel My Face” by The Weeknd
6. “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz
7. “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
8. “Somebody That I Used to Know” by Gotye feat. Kimbra
9. “We Found Love” by Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris
10. “Moves like Jagger” by Maroon 5 feat Christina Aguilera
The Best Pop-Rock Songs of All Time: A Retrospective
Looking back on the history of pop-rock music, it’s easy to see how this genre has evolved and changed over the years. From the early days of Elvis Presley and The Beatles, to the more recent sounds of Maroon 5 and One Direction, pop-rock has always had a place in the musical landscape.
But what are the best pop-rock songs of all time? That’s a question that is sure to stir up some debate. To help answer that question, we’ve put together a list of our favorite pop-rock tunes. These are songs that have stood the test of time, and continue to be loved by fans all over the world.
So without further ado, here are our picks for the best pop-rock songs of all time:
-“I Want To Hold Your Hand” by The Beatles
-“We Will Rock You” by Queen
-“You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC
-“I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
-“Every Breath You Take” by The Police
The Best Pop-Rock Songs of All Time: The Definitive List
Pop-rock is a genre of music that combines elements of pop music and rock music. Pop-rock songs are typically composed by singer-songwriters and are often about love and relationships. While the genre is not as popular as it once was, there have been many great pop-rock songs over the years.
In compiling this list, we looked at a number of factors, including:
– Commercial success
– Critical acclaim
– Lasting popularity
After careful consideration, we have compiled a definitive list of the best pop-rock songs of all time. Here are our picks:
1. “I Want To Hold Your Hand” by The Beatles
2. ” Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
3. “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and The Waves
4. “I Love Rock & Roll” by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
5. “We Will Rock You” by Queen
6. “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson
7. “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana
8. “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
9. “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey
10. “We Are the Champions” by Queen
The Best Pop-Rock Songs of All Time: The Ultimate Playlist
When you think of pop-rock, you might think of catchy tunes and bubblegum lyrics. But the best pop-rock songs are so much more than that. They’re the perfect blend of pop and rock, giving you the best of both worlds.
There are countless great pop-rock songs out there, but we’ve narrowed it down to the ultimate playlist. Here are the best pop-rock songs of all time:
“I Want It That Way” by the Backstreet Boys
“Complicated” by Avril Lavigne
“Forever Young” by Rod Stewart
“Don’t Look Back in Anger” by Oasis
“Wonderwall” by Oasis
“Basket Case” by Green Day
“The Middle” by Jimmy Eat World
“I Love It When We Do” by Ronan Keating
“Best Day of My Life” by American Authors
Keyword: The Best Pop Rock Songs of All Time